The history and antiquities of Rochester and its environs: to which is added, a description of the towns, villages, gentlemen's seats, and ancient buildings, situate on, or near the road from London to Margate, Deal, and Dover.
- 2d ed. with considerable additions and improvements. Embellished with engravings.
- Rochester, Printed and sold by W. Wildash, 1817.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 419 p., 1 leaf. front. (fold. map) plates. 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 R6 D3 1817Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates engraved by Neele.
Map is after R. S. Sale.
British Art Center copy is imperfect: final leaf wanting.
"In conjunction with W. Shrubsole."--Dict. Nat. Biog.
"2 ed. was ... enl. by W. Wildash."--Halkett & Laing.
- Subject Terms:
- Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown -- Publisher.Rochester (Kent, England) -- Antiquities.Rochester (Kent, England) -- History.Wildash, W. -- Printer.
- Etchings -- 1817.
Wood engravings -- 1817.
YCBA Collections Search
Denne, Samuel, 1730-1799, The history and antiquities of Rochester and its environs, 1817
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.