Owen, Hugh, 1761-1827, A history of Shrewsbury, 1825
- A history of Shrewsbury.
- London, Published by Harding, Lepard and Co., 1825.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. front., ill., plates (part fold.) port., map, plans, facsim. 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 S58 O92+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- British Art Center copy is imperfect?: Memoir in v. 1 wanting?
Plates by G. Hollis, P. Browne, J. B. B., John Instan, C. Hullmandel, E. P. Owen, J. Barnett, Js. Basire, J. C. Varrall, W. Hughes, H. Meyer, J. Shury and Smith; after J. C. Buckler, J. Buckler, B. R. Baker, David Evans, Rev. Hugh Owen, T. Carline, Ph. Corbett, Rev. E. P. Owen, J. Shury, Frs. Sandford, J. Carline, Jun., P. Browne and Thos. Wageman.
Head- and tail-pieces.
"Printed by S. and R. Bentley."
Added t.-p. with border.
The preface, which contains collation of authorities, is signed by H. Owen and J. B. Blakeway.
- Subject Terms:
- Bentley, (S. and R.) -- Printer.Harding, Lepard, and Co. -- Publisher.Shrewsbury (England) -- History.
- Etchings -- 1825.
Wood engravings -- 1825.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.