The traveller's companion through the city of Edinburgh and suburbs: comprehending a concise history of the city, from the earliest accounts to the present period; with a description of the public buildings, illustrated with engravings. To which are added several views taken in the environs of the city.
- Edinburgh : Printed for Alexander Kincaid, M,DCC,XCIV .
- Physical Description:
- , 138, XV leaves of plates (2 folded) : ill., map, plan ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA890 E3 K5View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates opposite page 24, "View from the Cowgate," is not included in the list of plates. British Art Center copy is imperfect: Plates VIII is wanting.
Plates by Gavin, McIntyre, I. Beugo; after R. Scott, and A. Kincaid.
Authorship from Pre-56 NUC.
- Subject Terms:
- Etching -- Specimens -- 1794.Kincaid, Alexnder -- Publisher.Lee, William -- Pres. insc. to Elizabeth Spence, 1803.Spence, Elizabeth Isabella, 1768-1832 -- Pres. insc. from William Lee, 1803.
YCBA Collections Search
Kincaid, Alexander, The traveller's companion through the city of Edinburgh and suburbs, M,DCC,XCIV 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.