Morris, F. O. (Francis Orpen), 1810-1893, A history of British birds, 1864-65
A history of British birds. By the Rev. F. O. Morris ...
- London, Groombridge and Sons, 1864-65.
- Physical Description:
- 6 v. col. plates. 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQL690.G7 M85 1864View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Volumes 1, 5, and 6 dated 1865; volumes 2-4 dated 1864.
Issued in 90 parts in 89.
Wrappers with additional imprint: Manchester, J. Ainsworth.
T.-p.'s: v. 1 in part 16; v. 2 in part 31; v. 3 in part 47; v. 4 in part 61; v. 5 in part 74; v. 6 in part 89/90.
"B. Fawcett, engraver and printer, Driffield.
A number of plates after R. P. Alington.--Cf. Morris, M. C. F. Benjamin Fawcett; colour printer and engraver. Oxford, 1925, p. 21.
Advertisements on recto and verso of back cover of each part.
Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 92-93
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
BAC: Imperfect: part 42 wanting; a number of wrappers also wanting.
- Subject Terms:
- Ainsworth, J. -- Publisher.Birds -- Great Britain.Fawcett, B. -- Printer.Groombridge and Sons -- Publisher.
- Wood engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1864-1865.