Mavor, William Fordyce, 1758-1837, New description of Blenheim, the seat of his Grace the Duke of Marlborough , MDCCLXXXIX 
- New description of Blenheim, the seat of his Grace the Duke of Marlborough : to which is prefixed, Blenheim, a poem.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Guide to Blenheim
- A new, and much improved edition.
- London : Printed for T. Cadell, in the Strand; and Prince and Cooke, Oxford, MDCCLXXXIX 
- Physical Description:
- ix, , 172 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 18 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.B635 M4 Copy 1Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.B635 M4 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. WalterAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- By William Fordyce Mavor.
Date of publication from "advertisement," page ix.
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 bound in contemporary half calf. Imperfect: folded plan wanting. Has bound with it : An account of the model in relievo of the great and magnificent city and suburbs of Paris / Monsieur Le Quoy. London: Printed by H. Reynell, l779; The Southampton Guide. Southampton: Printed and sold by T. Baker, 1781; The history and antiquities of the parish of Tottenham High-Cross, in the county of Middlesex / H. G. Oldfield, and R. R. Dyson. London: Printed for the authors, 1790; and The Weymouth Guide / [Peter Delamotte] Weymouth: Printed for the editor, [1785?]. Armorial bookplate: Scrope Berdmore. S.T.P. Coll. Mert Custos. 1790 and Rupert Gunnis.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 bound in contemporary brown marbled boards; rebacked. Imperfect: folded plan wanting.
- Subject Terms:
- Berdmore, Scrope, b. ca. 1747 -- Bookplate.Blenheim Palace (England) -- Early works to 1800.Blenheim Park (England) -- Early works to 1800.Gunnis, Rupert -- Bookplate.Landscape architecture -- England -- Blenheim (Oxfordshire) -- Early works to 1800.Vanbrugh, John, 1664-1726.
- Engravings -- 1789.
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.