New description of Blenheim, the seat of his Grace the Duke of Marlborough : to which is prefixed, Blenheim, a poem.
- Additional Title(s):
Guide to Blenheim
- A new, and much improved edition.
- London : Printed for T. Cadell, in the Strand; and Prince and Cooke, Oxford, MDCCLXXXIX 
- Physical Description:
- ix, , 172 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 18 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.B635 M4 Copy 1Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.B635 M4 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. WalterAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- By William Fordyce Mavor.
Date of publication from "advertisement," page ix.
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 bound in contemporary half calf. Imperfect: folded plan wanting. Has bound with it : An account of the model in relievo of the great and magnificent city and suburbs of Paris / Monsieur Le Quoy. London: Printed by H. Reynell, l779; The Southampton Guide. Southampton: Printed and sold by T. Baker, 1781; The history and antiquities of the parish of Tottenham High-Cross, in the county of Middlesex / H. G. Oldfield, and R. R. Dyson. London: Printed for the authors, 1790; and The Weymouth Guide / [Peter Delamotte] Weymouth: Printed for the editor, [1785?]. Armorial bookplate: Scrope Berdmore. S.T.P. Coll. Mert Custos. 1790 and Rupert Gunnis.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 bound in contemporary brown marbled boards; rebacked. Imperfect: folded plan wanting.
- Subject Terms:
- Berdmore, Scrope, b. ca. 1747 -- Bookplate.Blenheim Palace (England) -- Early works to 1800.Blenheim Park (England) -- Early works to 1800.Gunnis, Rupert -- Bookplate.Landscape architecture -- England -- Blenheim (Oxfordshire) -- Early works to 1800.Vanbrugh, John, 1664-1726.
- Engravings -- 1789.
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
YCBA Collections Search
Mavor, William Fordyce, 1758-1837, New description of Blenheim, the seat of his Grace the Duke of Marlborough , MDCCLXXXIX 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.