Roscoe, Thomas, 1791-1871, The tourist in France , 1834
- The tourist in France / by Thomas Roscoe ; illustrated from drawings by J.D. Harding.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Landscape annual, 1834
Landscape annual for 1834
- London : Jennings and Chaplin, 1834.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 280 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDC27 R6Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN 2000 1694 Copy 1: From the collection of F.J. Sharp.
BEIN 2000 1694 Copy 2: Ms. notes on advertisements [by John Ruskin?]. From the collection of F.J. Sharp.
Small paper copy.
Added engraved series t.p.: The landscape annual for 1834.
Plates by T. Higham, James B. Allen, J. Fisher, J. C. Varrall, Freebairn, J. H. Kernot, J. Cousen, J. T. Willmore, W. Radclyffe, W. R. Smith, Jas. Carter, J. C. Armytage, and E. Challis; after J. D. Harding.
Text "printed by R. Clay, Bread-Street-Hill"--Series half title verso.
Plates "printed by Lloyd & Hennings"--Foot of series t.p.
Advertisements:  p. at end not noted in pagination.
- Subject Terms:
- Clay, R. -- Printer.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1834.France -- Description and travel.Furse, Ralph, Sir -- Autograph, 1930.Jennings and Chaplin -- Publisher.Lloyd and Hennings -- Printer.Ruskin, John, 1819-1900 -- Ms. notes.Sharp, F. J. -- Ownership.Sutton, Harry -- Autograph.
- Publishers' advertisements -- England -- London -- 1834.
Annotations (Provenance) -- 19th century.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.