IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
The new picture of Edinburgh , 
The new picture of Edinburgh : being an accurate guide to the city & environs, with historical descriptive accounts of the public buildings, offices, institutions, curiosities, amusements, &c. Embellished with six views on copper, two large plans, and upwards of forty vignettes on wood.
- Edinburgh : Printed by Denovan, for Willm Hunter, to be had of the booksellers, and Vernor, Hood & Sharpe & W. J. & J. Richardson, London, 
- Physical Description:
- vi., 366, viii p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 14 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA890 E3 N4View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- British Art Center copy imperfect: the two large plans and one copper view are wanting.
References to 1806 in text.
Some plates engraved by R. Scott.
- Subject Terms:
- Denovan, -- Printer.Edinburgh (Scotland) -- Guidebooks.Hunter, William -- Publisher.Irvine, George -- Autograph, 1824.Richardson, (W. J.) and J. -- Publisher.Vernor, Hood & Sharpe -- Publisher.
- Etchings -- 1806.
Wood engravings -- 1806.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.