The British Switzerland, or, picturesque rambles in the English lake district : comprising a series of views of the lake and mountain scenery in Westmorland, Cumberland, Lancashire, Durham, and Northumberland, / from drawings taken on the spot, by Thomas Allom, Esq. With descriptive letterpress, by Thomas Rose ...
- [London, The London Printing and Publishing Company (Limited), London and New York, [1858-1860]
New York] : The London Printing and Publishing Company (Limited), London and New York, [1858-1860]
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. in 1, 143 leaves of plates (some folding) : ill., map ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 L1 R6+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates by R. Roberts, T. Jeavons, H. Bibby, J. Rapkin, R. Sands, W. Finden, T. Higham, W. Le Petit, W. Watkins, H. Adlard, Bailey, E. Challis, W. Taylor, J. Starling, A. W. Graham, J. Redaway, J. Engleheart, J. Sands, A. Le Petit, W. J. Cooke, C. Mottram, S. Lacey, W. Tombleson, W. Kelsall, S. Bradshaw, H. Wallis, W. Floyd, D. Buckle, W. Miller, J.Thomas, M. J. Starling, J. C. Bentley, J. W. Lowry, J. Varrall, J. Phelps, H. Bond, T. H. Shepherd, and J. Tingle; after G. Pickering, T. Allom, H. Bibby, J. Rapkin, J. Henderson, Harwood, R. Gastineau, and H. Gastineau.
Added t.-p., engraved.
Date of publication from British Museum Catalogue.
British Art Center copy imperfect: Top half of map wanting.
Vol. 1: , [iii]-x, 96 p.; v. 2: , 76 p.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1858-1860Lake District (England)London Printing and Publishing Company (Limited) -- Publisher
YCBA Collections Search
Rose, Thomas, topographer, The British Switzerland, or, picturesque rambles in the English lake district , [1858-1860]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.