IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Young George, 1777-1848, A history of Whitby, and Streoneshalh abbey; , 1817
A history of Whitby, and Streoneshalh abbey; : with a statistical survey of the vicinity to the distance of twenty-five miles: / by the Rev. George Young, with the assistance of some papers left by the late Mr. R. Winter, and some materials furnished by Mr. J. Bird ...
- Whitby: Printed and sold by Clark and Medd, sold also by Longman and Co., and R. Fenner, London; and Oliphant, Waugh and Co., Edinburgh, 1817.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. (953,  p.),  leaves of plates (some folding) : ill., maps, plan, port.; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 W57 Y6View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Paged continuously: v. 1: x, 470 p.; v. 2: 2 p. ., -953,  p.
"Clark and Medd, Printers, Whitby."
Plates by Jas. Taylor, J. Bird, Baker and Whitwell, W. & D. Lizars; after F. Gibson, J. Bird, Ja. Hutchinson and L. Charlton.
- Subject Terms:
- Clark and Medd -- Printer.Fenner, R. -- Publisher.Longman and Co. -- Publisher.Oliphant, Waugh and Co. -- Publisher.
- Etchings -- 1817.
Wood engravings -- 1817.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.