Art treasures of the United Kingdom from the Art Treasures Exhibition, Manchester. Edited by J. B. Waring. Chromo lithographed by F. Bedford. The drawings on wood by R. Dudley. With essays by Owen Jones, Digby Wyatt, A. W. Franks, J. B. Waring, J. C. Robinson & G. Scharf, Jun.
- London, Day and Son, 1858.
- Physical Description:
-  p. ill., col. plates. 40 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A N30Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- At head of title: Dedicated by permission to His Royal Highness the Prince Consort.
Each chapter paged separately.
Text printed by Messrs. Cox & Wyman.--Cf. Preface.
A number of plates lithographed by J. H. Lynch, E. Walker, and J. A. Vinter.
British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 has the bookplate of St. John's College, Library Oxford. Copy 2 was bound by Leighton Son & Hodge and has the bookplate of J. P. Lichfield.
Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 176
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
- Subject Terms:
- Art Treasures Exhibition (1857 : Manchester, Greater Manchester)Cox & Wyman -- Printer.Day & Son -- Publisher.Leighton Son & Hodge -- Bookbinder.Lichfield, J. P. -- Bookplate.St. John's College (University of Oxford). Library -- Bookplate.
- Chromolithographs -- 1858.
Wood engravings -- 1858.
YCBA Collections Search
Waring, J. B. (John Burley), 1823-1875, Art treasures of the United Kingdom from the Art Treasures Exhibition, Manchester, 1858
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.