Duncan's itinerary of Scotland; : with the principal roads to London, copious observations on each road, and an appendix, containing some account of the canals, lakes, mountains, harbours and romantic scenery, deserving of the traveller's notice; together with a minute mineralogical sketch of the several counties of Scotland.
- The fifth edition, with important alterations. Embellished with a correct travelling map of Scotland; a plan of north and south Queensferry; and a map of the country between the friths of Forth and Clyde.
- Glasgow: Published by James Lumsden & Son, and sold by Oliver & Boyd, and William Blackwood, Edinburgh; Baldwin, Cradock & Joy; G. and W. B. Whittaker, and John Carey, London, 1823.
- Physical Description:
- , xxii, , 108, 107, 47,  p.,  leaves of colored plates (some folding): maps.; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA865 D9 1823Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The itinerary and the observations are on opposite pages, with duplicate paging.
First published under title: The Scotch itinerary.
"William Lang, Printer, 62, Bell Street, Glasgow."
Advertisements:  p. at end.
- Subject Terms:
- Baldwin, Craddock & Joy -- Publisher.Blackwood, William -- Publisher.Carey, John -- Publisher.Etching, colored -- Specimens -- 1823.Hooker, John -- Autograph, 1827.Lang, William, -- Printer.Lumsden (James) & Son -- Publisher.Oliver & Boyd -- Publisher.Roads -- Scotland.Scotland -- Description and travel.Whittaker, (G.) & W. B. -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Duncan, James, Scotch bookseller, Duncan's itinerary of Scotland; , 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.