An historical sketch of the island of Madeira; : containing an account of its original discovery and first colonization; present produce; state of society and commerce. Embellished with a coloured view of the island.
- London : Printed for F. S. Hopkins, 42 Bishopsgate Street Within; Sold also by Scatcherd and Letterman, Ave Maria Lane, and by all other booksellers., 1819.
- Physical Description:
- , ii, 98 p., 1 leaf of folding color plates: ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDP702 M17 H5View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Plate by J. Gleader; after F. S. Hopkins.
"Printed by W. Hersee, 24, St. Mary Ave."
Errata slip inserted at end.
- Subject Terms:
- Foster, Robert Lionel, b. 1870 -- Autograph.Hersee, W. -- Printer.Hopkins, F. S. -- Publisher.Madeira (Portugal) -- Description and travel.Scatcherd and Letterman -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1819.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.