The Wye tour, or, Gilpin on "The Wye,": with picturesque additions, and archaeological illustrations: to which is added an appendix, containing I. An account of Ross. II. Extracts concerning the Wye, from the "Tour of a German prince." III. An account of Goodrich Court, the seat of Sir S. R. Meyrick, K. H. / By the Rev. T. D. Fosbroke ...
- Fifth edition.
- Ross: Printed by and for W. Farror, sold by Messrs. Nichols, and Messrs. Simpkin and Marshall, London, 1837.
- Physical Description:
- iv [i. e. vi], 199, , , 84 p., 2 leaves of plates : ill., port. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 W97 G4 1837View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Pages iv and vi misnumbered.
Appendix has separate t.-p.: The Wye tour, containing an account of Ross,: extracts concerning the Wye, from the "Tour of a German prince." And an account of Goodrich Court, the seat of Sir Samuel Rush Meyrick, K. H. Forming an appendix to the author's prior publication of "Gilpin on the Wye," or "Wye Tour."--A new edition with additions. / By the Rev. T. D. Fosbroke ... Ross: Printed by and for W. Farror, 1837.
Plates drawn on stone by L. Haghe and lithographed by Day & Haghe.
- Subject Terms:
- Day & Haghe -- Printer.Farror, W. -- Publisher.Fosbroke, Thomas Dudley, 1770-1842.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1837.Nichols, Messrs. -- Publisher.Simpkin and Marshall, Messrs. -- Publisher.Wye, River (Wales and England)
YCBA Collections Search
Gilpin, William, 1724-1804, The Wye tour, or, Gilpin on "The Wye,", 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.