A description of Blenheim, the seat of his Grace the Duke of Marlborough : containing a full and accurate account of the Gallery of Paintings, as newly arranged; an alphabetical list of the names of the painters, and their respective schools; A picturesque tour of the gardens and park; a general delineation of the tapestry, furniture, private gardens ... To which are also added, an itinerary; an account of the Roman villa, near Northleigh ... with a preliminary essay on landscape gardening ...
- Thirteenth edition, improved; / embellished with an elegant plan of the park, and twelve engravings.
- Oxford : Henry Slatter, [1848?].
- Physical Description:
- xii, 139 p.,  leaves of plates (some folding) : ill., plan ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 B635 M3Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates by C. Davies, Neele, and O. Jewitt; after W. A Delamotte.
Added t.-p., engraved vignette.
Advertisements:  p.
Authorship from Halkett and Laing.
Printed boards. Cover title: The Blenheim guide.
- Subject Terms:
- Blenheim Palace (England)Brown, L. E. -- Autograph.Slatter, Henry -- Publisher.
- Etchings -- 1848?.
Wood engravings -- 1848?.
YCBA Collections Search
Mavor, William Fordyce, 1758-1837, A description of Blenheim, the seat of his Grace the Duke of Marlborough , [1848?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.