Magnae Britanniae Notitia: or, The present state of Great Britain; with diverse remarks upon the ancient state thereof. / By John Chamberlayne, ...
- The thirty-sixth edition of the south part, called England; and the fifteenth of the north part, called Scotland. To which is added, a compleat list of their Royal Highnesses the Prince and Princess of Wales's household; as also those of their Royal Highnesses the Duke of Cumberland, the Princess Amelia, and the Princess Caroline. In two parts. With His Majesty's royal privilege ...
- London: Printed for A. Ward, S. Birt, T. Longman and T. Shewel, A. Millar, J. & R. Tonson and S. Draper, C. Bathurst, G. Hawkins, E. Withers, B. Dod, and M. Cooper, MDCCXLV 
- Physical Description:
- , 440, 292, 70 p.,  leaf of plates : ports. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA620 C4 1745View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Initials, head- and tail-pieces.
British Art Center copy is imperfect: Portrait of George II wanting.
Comprises (Part I) Edward Chamberlayne's "Angliae notitia: or The present state of England" (first published 1669), as edited and continued by his son, John Chamberlayne, and (Part II) similar material on Scotland prepared by the son.
"A general list, or catalogue, of all the office and officers ... I. In South-Britain or England. II. In North Britain, or Scotland ... London: Printed in the year 1745," 292, 70 p., each part with separate registration.
- Subject Terms:
- Bathurst, C. -- Publisher.Birt, S. -- Publisher.Cooper, M. -- Publisher.Deere, John -- Autograph, 1746.Dod, B. -- Publisher.Draper, S. -- Publisher.Great Britain -- Description and travel.Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1660-1688.Great Britain -- Registers.Hawkins, G. -- Publisher.Longman, T. -- Publisher.Matthews, John Hobson, 1858-1914 -- Autograph, 1898.Millar, A. -- Publisher.Shewel, T. -- Publisher.Tonson (J.) and R. -- Publisher.Ward, A. -- Publisher.Withers, E. -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Chamberlayne, Edward, 1616-1703, Magnae Britanniae Notitia, MDCCXLV 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.