Chamberlayne, Edward, 1616-1703, Magnae Britanniae Notitia , MDCCXXIII (1723)
- Magnae Britanniae Notitia : or, The present state of Great Britain; with divers remarks upon the antient state thereof. / By John Chamberlayne, ...
- The six and twentieth edition of the south part called England, and fifth of the north part call'd Scotland; with improvements, and more correct and larger additions in the list of the officers, &c. than in any former impression; together with the prince's household, never before printed. In two parts. With His Majesty's royal privilege ...
- London: Printed for B. and S. Tooke, Daniel Midwinter, Jacob Tonson, E. Valentine, and T. Wotton, MDCCXXIII (1723).
- Physical Description:
- , vi, , 672, 48 p.,  leaf of plates : port. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA620 C4 1723Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Portrait of George I engraved by Vertue; after Kneller.
Comprises (Part I.) Edward Chamberlayne's "Angliae notitia: or, The present state of England" (first published 1609), as edited and continued by his son, John Chamberlayne, and (Part II) similar material on Scotland prepared by the son.
"A general list or catalogue of all the offices and officers ... I. In South Britain, or England. II. In North Britain, or Scotland ... London: Printed in the year 1722, p. [457-] 672, 48 p., part II with separate registration.
Initials; head- and tail-pieces.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Description and travel.Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1660-1688.Great Britain -- Registers.Midwinter, Daniel -- Publisher.Tonson, Jacob -- Publisher.Tooke, (B.) and S. -- Publisher.Valentine, E. -- Publisher.Wotton, T. -- Publisher.Wray, Cecil, Sir, 1734-1805 -- Bookplate.
- Etchings -- 1723.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.