The history and antiquities of Carlisle : with an account of the castles, gentlemen's seats, and antiquities, in the vicinity; and biographical memoirs of eminent men connected with the locality.
- Carlisle : Published by Samuel Jefferson; and by Whittaker and Co. London, MDCCCXXXVIII .
- Physical Description:
- xv, 459 p.,  leaves of plates : ill., plan ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.C335 J4+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates and illustrations by W. H Lizars, A. Le Petit, J. Roy, J. C. Armytage, W. Miller, and John Hodgson; after W. H. Nutter, and T. Allom.
"S. Jefferson, Printer, Carlisle."
Some plates printed by "Fisher, Son, & Co. London."
Authorship from Halkett and Laing.
- Subject Terms:
- Carlisle (England)Fisher, Son, & Co. -- Printer.Jefferson, Samuel, 1809-1846 -- Printer.Jefferson, Samuel, 1809-1846 -- Publisher.Whittaker and Co. -- Publisher.
- Wood engravings -- 1838.
Engravings -- 1838.
YCBA Collections Search
Jefferson, Samuel, 1809-1846, The history and antiquities of Carlisle , MDCCCXXXVIII 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.