A tour thro' the whole island of Great Britain. : Divided into circuits or journeys. Giving a particular and entertaining account of whatever is curious, and worth observation ... Interspersed with useful observations. Particularly fitted for the perusal of such as desire to travel over the island. / By a gentleman.
- The fifth edition. With very great additions, improvements, and corrections; which bring it down to the year 1753. ...
- London: Printed for S. Birt, T. Osborne, D. Browne, T. and T. Longman, C. Hitch and L. Hawes, J. Hodges, A. Millar, J. Robinson, and J. and J. Rivington, M.DCC.LIII .
- Physical Description:
- 4 v. : facsimiles ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA620 D3 1753View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- British Art Center copy is imperfect: v. 2 and 3 wanting.
Page 341, v. 4, incorrectly numbered 314.
Initials, head- and tail-pieces.
- Subject Terms:
- Birt, S. -- Publisher.Brown, D. -- Publisher.Great Britain -- Description and travel.Hawes, L. -- Publisher.Hitch, C. -- Publisher.Hodges, J. -- Publisher.Hooker, Ayerst -- Stamp.Longman, (T.) and T. -- Publisher.Millar, A. -- Publisher.Osborne, T. -- Publisher.Rivington, (J.) and J. -- Publisher.Robinson, J. -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Defoe, Daniel, 1661?-1731, A tour thro' the whole island of Great Britain. , M.DCC.LIII 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.