The whole historical dramas of William Shakespeare illustrated, , 1811
- The whole historical dramas of William Shakespeare illustrated, : by an assemblage of portraits of the royal, noble, and other persons mentioned; together with those of editors, commentators, and actors, and views of castles, towns, &c. of the respective places referred to; with short biographical and topographical accounts : in two volumes.
- London : Printed for Edward Jeffery, by B. McMillan. Sold by Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, & Brown, Gale & Curtis, and Sherwood, Neely, & Jones, 1811.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR2883 W4Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustrations by Le Goux, Andrew Birrell, Thomas Medland, L. Auber, R. Clamp, William Ridley, Charles Knight, Luigi Schiavonetti, Thomas Trotter, T. Nugent, John Jones, Louis Le Coeur, E. Harding, S. Sparrow, Richard Bernard Godfrey, James Parker, William Nelson Gardiner, Sheneker, G. N. Gardiner, Clessens, Ranelagh Barrett, and Francesco Bartolozzi; after Silvester Harding, Thomas Thornton, Sir Joshua Reynolds, Jonathan Richardson, Miss Jane Collyer, Gio. Batta Albreggi, Francis Grosse, Silvester, John Nixon, De Bie, Livens, John Mabuse, George Vertue, Hans Holben, Zuccaro, and Paul Sandby.
- Subject Terms:
- Chadwick, Robert, 1797-1867 -- Bookplate.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1811.Gale & Curtis -- Publisher.Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Jeffery, Edward -- Publisher.Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, & Brown -- Publisher.McMillan, B. -- Printer.Portraits, British.Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 -- Illustrations.Sherwood, Neely, & Jones -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.