IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Gifford, William, 1756-1826, An heroic epistle to Mr. Winsor, the patentee of the hydro-carbonic gas lights, and founder of the National Light and Heat Company .., 1808
An heroic epistle to Mr. Winsor, the patentee of the hydro-carbonic gas lights, and founder of the National Light and Heat Company ...
- London : Printed for R. Spencer Great Ormond-Street, 1808.
[London] : Printed by W. Bulmer and Co., Cleveland Row, St. James's
- Physical Description:
- , ii, , 4-18,  pages ; 29 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTH7915 .G5+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Authorship from Halkett and Laing.
BAC TH7915 .E5+: Has tipped in: "The good effects of carbonic gas!!!", hand-colored etching by Isaac Cruikshank (published by S.W. Fores, 1807). Bookplate: British Coal Utilisation Research Association.
- Subject Terms:
- British Coal Utilisation Research Association -- Bookplate.Gas-lighting -- Great Britain -- Poetry.Winsor, F. A. (Frederick Albert), 1763-1830 -- Poetry.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.