The gentle shepherd, a pastoral comedy; : with illustrations of the scenary: an appendix, containing memoirs of David Allan, the Scots Hogarth; besides original, and other poems connected with the illustrations: and a comprehensive glossary. To which are prefixed, an authentic life of Allan Ramsay, and an inquiry into the origin of pastoral poetry; the propriety of the rules prescribed for it; and the practice of Ramsay ...
- Edinburgh : Printed by Abernethy & Walker, for William Martin [and others] 1808.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v.,  leaves of plates (some folding) : ill., map ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3657 A7 1808bAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates by R. Scott; after A. Carse, A. Wilson, J. Stevenson, and R. B., esqr.
V. 1: xx, 398 p.; V. 2: vi, -772.
Authorship from British Museum Catalogue.
Paged continuously; v.1: xx, 398 p.; v.2: vi, 772 p., 1 l.
- Subject Terms:
- Abernethy & Walker -- Printer.Anderson, Robert -- Presentation inscription from the publisher (BEIN)Chissenhale, Ino. -- Bookplate.Etching -- Specimens -- 1808.Martin, William -- Publisher.Parsons, Coleman O. -- Bookplate (BEIN)
YCBA Collections Search
Ramsay, Allan, 1686-1758, The gentle shepherd, a pastoral comedy; , 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.