Description of the island and city of Corfu, with part of the coast of Greece, Epirus, and the Suliote chain of mountains, in the distance; the whole representation embellished, in the foreground, with a variety of costume worn by the Greeks, assembled on Fort Neuf to celebrate the annual religious festival of "La Madonna": now exhibitng in H. A. Barker and J. Burford's Panorama, Strand.
- London, Printed by J. and C. Adlard, 1823.
- Physical Description:
- 12 p. fold. plates 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDF901 C7 B3+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The panorama was based on drawings taken by J. Cartwright.--p. .
Frontispiece "printed at C. Hullmandel's Lithographic establishment."
- Subject Terms:
- Adlard (J. and C.) -- Printer.Corfu Island (Greece)Hullmandel, C. -- Printer.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1823.Panorama, Strand, London.Panoramas.
YCBA Collections Search
Barker, Henry Aston, 1774-1856, Description of the island and city of Corfu,, 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.