The compleat drawing-master; : containing a curious collection of examples, consisting of parts of the human body, academy figures, and Le Brun's passions of the soul, as they are expressed in the human countenance ...
- London : Printed for R. Sayer, 1766.
- Physical Description:
- 8 p., 105 leaves of plates on 85 leaves : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC650 C6Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Plates by W. Hollar, G. Bickham, H. Roberts, H. Stevens, Wm. Austin P. Sandby, J. June, and Viveres; after Petrus van Avont, Barlow, J. E. Ridinger, Lens, P. Sandby, J. June, and Vivares.
One plate published by Hen. 0verton.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1766.Etching -- Specimens -- 1766.Overton, Hen. -- Publisher.Sayer, R. -- Publisher.
- Drawing books.
- IIIF Manifest: