The works of James Barry ... : historical painter; ... Containing his correspondence from France and Italy with Mr. Burke ... To which is prefixed, some account of the life and writings of the author ...
- London: Printed by J. M'Creery for T. Cadell and W. Davies, 1809.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7445.2 B27+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- British Art Center copy imperfect?: plates wanting?
Vol. 1: [iii]-vii, , 558 p.; v. 2: , 670,  p.
Illustrations by Warner; after Barry.
- Subject Terms:
- Art.Cadell, T. -- Publisher.Davies, W. -- Publisher.Etching -- Specimens -- 1809.M'Creery, J. -- Printer.Parker, R. -- Stamp.
- v. 1. Some account of the life and writings of the author. Lectures on painting delivered at the Royal Academy.--v. 2. Observations on different works of art in France and Italy. Remarks on the paintings of the Orleans gallery: exhibited 1798 at no. 88, Pall Mall. Fragment on the story and painting of Pandora. An inquiry into the real and imaginary obstructions to the acquisition of the arts in England. An account of a series of pictures, in the great room of the Society of arts, manufactures, and commerce at the Adelphi. A letter to the Society for the encouragement of arts, manufactures, and commerce, 1793. A letter to the Dilettanti society, respecting the obtention of certain matters essentially necessary for the improvement of public taste and for accomplishing the original views of the Royal academy of Great Britain. Letter to the Society of arts, respecting the naval pillar.