Tour in England, Ireland, and France, in the years 1828 & 1829; : with remarks on the manners and customs of the inhabitants, and anecdotes of distinguished public characters. In a series of letters. / By a German prince.
- Additional Title(s):
Briefe eines vestorbenen. English
- London: Effingham Wilson, 1832.
- Physical Description:
- 4 v.,  leaf of plates : port. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA625 P7 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA625 P7 Copy 2View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 2 has the bookplate of J. H. C. Reeve.
Authorship from Halkett and Laing.
A translation, by Mrs. Sarah Austin, of the author's "Briefe eines vestorbenen."
"Printed by Richard Taylor, Red Lion Court, Fleet Street."
Vol. 1: xxi, 358,  p.; v. 2: x, 304 p.; v. 3: xvi, 384 p.; v. 4: x, 389,  p.
Advertisements:  p. at end of v. 1 and  p. at end of v. 4.
Portrait drawn on stone by Weld Taylor and printed by C. Hullmandel.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Description and travel.Great Britain -- Social life and customs.Hullmandel, C. -- Printer.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1832.Reeve, J. H. C. -- Bookplate.Taylor, Richard -- Printer.Wilson, Effingham -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Pückler-Muskau, Hermann, Fürst von, 1785-1871, Tour in England, Ireland, and France, in the years 1828 & 1829; , 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.