Horace Walpole's correspondence with Thomas Gray, Richard West and Thomas Ashton. Ed. by W. S. Lewis, George L. Lam and Charles H. Bennett.
- Additional Title(s):
- New Haven, Yale Univ. Press, 1948.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. in 1. illus., ports., facsims. 26 cm.
- Reference LibraryDA483 W2 A2 13-14 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Vol. 2 has title: Horace Walpole's correspondence with Thomas Gray.
"The material published here for the first time includes the complete text of Walpole's brief autobiography, 'Short notes of my life,' 'The Nicoll affair,' and various passages from Walpole's unpublished manuscripts--his notes on Ashton, Lady Pomfret, Lady Mary Wortley Montagu, and his parody of a Roman guide-book."
"Cue-titles and abbreviations": v. 1, p. [xliii]-xlix.
"Manuscripts and bibliography": v. 1, p. xxxiv-xxxvi.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Collectors and collecting -- Great Britain -- Correspondence.Authors, English -- 18th century -- Sources.Great Britain -- History -- George II, 1727-1760 -- Sources.Great Britain -- History -- George III, 1760-1820 -- Sources.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 18th century -- Sources.Legislators -- Great Britain -- Correspondence.Lewis, W. S. (Wilmarth Sheldon), 1895-1979 -- Ms notes.Nobility -- Great Britain -- Correspondence.Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 -- Correspondence.
YCBA Collections Search
Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797, Horace Walpole's correspondence with Thomas Gray, Richard West and Thomas Ashton, 1948