IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Barber, Thomas, active 1818-1846, Barber's picturesque illustrations, of the Isle of Wight , [1833-1834]
Barber's picturesque illustrations, of the Isle of Wight : comprising views of every object of interest on the island. Engraved from original drawings. Accompanied by historical and topographical descriptions.
- London : Published by Simpkin & Marshall, Stationers Court, [1833-1834]
- Physical Description:
- , 110 p.,  leaves of plates (some double) : ill., map ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 W6 B2 Copy 1View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 W6 B2 Copy 2View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 has the autograph of John Eames. Copy 2 was issued in fourteen parts in original wrappers.
Date of publication from original wrappers.
Plates engraved by H. Winkles, Thos. Barber, S. Barber, S. Fisher, E. Radclyffe, H. Bartlett, W. Wallis, J. Jones, Jas. Tingle, W. Westwood, and Jas. Bengley; after T. Barber, Thos. Barber, W. H. Bartlett, and H. Winkles.
- Subject Terms:
- Baynes, G. -- Printer.Eames, John -- Autograph.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1833-1834.Isle of Wight (England) -- Pictorial works.Simpkin & Marshall -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.