A vindication of Stone-Heng restored : in which the orders and rules of architecture observed by the ancient Romans, are discussed. Together with the customs and manners of several nations of the world in matters of building of greatest antiquity. As also an historical narration of the most memorable actions of the Danes in England. / By John Webb ...
- London : Printed by R. Davenport for Tho. Bassett, and are to be sold at his shop under S. Dunstan's Church in Fleet-Street, MDCLXV [l665].
- Physical Description:
- , 232 p. : ill. ; 30 cm. (Fol.)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA142 W3+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Illustration after R. Graywood.
Signatures: ², A-3M².
A reply to Dr. Charleton's Chorea gigantum.
- Subject Terms:
- Bassett, Tho. -- Publisher.Charleton, Walter, 1619-1707. Chorea gigantum.Davenport, R. -- Printer.Jones, Inigo, 1573-1652. Most notable antiquity of Great Britain, vulgarly called Stone-Heng ... restored.Kirke, Thomas, 1650-1706 -- Bookplate.Mylne, William Chadwell, 1781-1863 -- Bookplate.Stonehenge (England)Woodcut -- Specimens -- 1665.
- Engravings -- 1665.
YCBA Collections Search
Webb, John, 1611-1672, A vindication of Stone-Heng restored , MDCLXV [l665]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.