Cooke, William Bernard, 1778-1855, A new picture of the Isle of Wight, , 1808
- A new picture of the Isle of Wight, : illustrated with thirty-six plates, of the most beautiful and interesting views throughout the island, in imitation of the original sketches, / drawn and engraved by William Cooke. To which is prefixed, an introductory account of the island, and a voyage round its coast.
- London: Printed by W. Wilson ... for Vernor, Hood, and Sharpe ... J. Harris ... W. Cooke ... Pentonville; Baker and Fletcher, Southampton; and sold by Mills, Portsmouth, 1808.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 171,  p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., map ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 W6 C6Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates drawn and engraved by William Cooke.
One plate engraved by I. Bonham.
Map engraved by J. Roper; after G. Cole. Hand-colored.
- Subject Terms:
- Baker and Fletcher -- Publisher.Cooke, W. -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1808.Etching -- Specimens -- 1808.Harris, J. -- Publisher.Isle of Wight (England) -- Description and travel.Mills, -- Publisher.More, Robert Bridgeman, 1788-1851xAutograph.Vernor, Hood, and Sharpe -- Publisher.Wilson, W. -- Printer.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.