Porny, Mr, The elements of heraldry, MDCCLXV 
- The elements of heraldry: ... embellished with several fine cuts, and twenty-four copper plates containing above five hundred different examples of escutcheons, arms, &c. ... To which is annexed, a dictionary of the technical terms made use of in heraldry. / By Mark Anthony Porny ...
- London: Printed for J. Newberry, in St. Paul's Church-yard, MDCCLXV .
- Physical Description:
- xx, 199,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill., coats of arms ; 20 cm (8 vo)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsCR19 P6Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- English short title catalogue, T94006
BEIN Bb1 13L: Two illegible autographs, dated 1766 and 1761.
Signatures: [A]² B⁸ B⁸C-O⁸ P-S⁴.
"A dictionary of the technical terms."-- p. at end.
Mark Anthony Porny = Antoine Pyron du Martre.
English Short Title Catalogue, T94006.
BAC: British Art Center copy with contemporary manuscript notes on end papers.
- Subject Terms:
- Etching -- Specimens -- 1765.Heraldry.Newberry, J. -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.