Moncrieff, W. T. (William Thomas), 1794-1857, Excursion to Kenilworth , 1824
- Excursion to Kenilworth : with modern and ancient history of the town : historical account of the castle, full particulars of the gorgeous fête given there by the Earl of Leicester to Queen Elizabeth in the year 1575 : description of the ruins in romance of Kenilworth : and calculated to form a clear guide to the curious visitor : embellished with an elegant engraving of the castle, as it now stands / by W.T. Moncrieff ; author of the Visitors new guide to Leamington Spa, Excursions to Warwick, Stratford, &c. &c.
- Leamington : Printed for and published by Messrs. Elliston; sold by Longman, Hurst and Co. London, 1824.
- Physical Description:
- , 36 pages,  leaf of plates : illustrations ; 18 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 W3 M6 Copy 1Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.W3 M6 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. WalterAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates lithographed by J. D. Harding and printed by C. Hullmandel.
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Both copies bound with Excursion to Warwick ... / W. T. Moncrieff. London, 1824: Printed for and published by Messrs. Elliston, 1824. Copy 2 lacks the plate. Copy 2 bound in contemporary purple cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Kenilworth Castle (Kenilworth, England) -- Guidebooks.
- Lithographs -- 1824.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.