An historical, topographical, and descriptive view of the county of Northumberland: and of those parts of the county of Durham situated north of the river Tyne, with Berwick Upon Tweed, and brief notices of celebrated places on the Scottish border. ... / By E. Mackenzie, ...
- Second edition, carefully corrected, and greatly enlarged with curious, valuable, and authentic matter.
- Newcastle Upon Tyne: Printed and published by Mackenzie and Dent,[and others], 1825.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., map , plans, port. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 N8 M3+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Two volumes bound in one (subsequent to publication.)
Plates engraved by R. Scott, Thos. Dick, C. Halpin, J. Knox, and Vertue; after Richardson, Dobson, and Kneller.
Statement of responsibility transposed from area following edition statement.
- Subject Terms:
- Durham (England) -- Description and travel.Joicey, William J. -- Bookplate.Mackenzie and Dent -- Publisher.Northumberland (England) -- Description and travel.
- Etchings -- 1825.
Wood engravings -- 1825.
YCBA Collections Search
Mackenzie, E. (Eneas), 1778-1832, An historical, topographical, and descriptive view of the county of Northumberland, 1825
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.