Carew, Richard, 1555-1620, The survey of Cornwall. And an epistle concerning the excellencies of the English tongue, MDCCLXIX 
- The survey of Cornwall. And an epistle concerning the excellencies of the English tongue./ By Richard Carew ... with the life of the author, by H**** C***** Esq.
- A new edition.
- London: Printed for B. Law, in Ave-Mesy-Lane; and J. Hewett, at Penzance, MDCCLXIX .
- Physical Description:
- xxv,  p., 159 leaves, , 13,  p. ; 25 cm. (4to)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 C8 C2 1769Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "An epistle" (13 p. at end) has special t.-p., dated 1723.
Initials, head pieces.
"The life of Richard Carew of Antonie, Esq. by Hugh C*******, Esq.": p. ix-xxv.
"Life of the author by H**** C***** ... in reality a dull compilation by Pierre des Malzeaux."--Dict. Nat. Biog.
Signatures: A⁴ a-c⁴ B-2U⁴ X².
- Subject Terms:
- Bright, Benjamin, 1823-1900 -- Autograph, 1848.Cornwall (England : County) -- Description and travel.Hewett, J. -- Publisher.Law, B. -- Publisher.Perry, -- Autograph, 1799.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.