The Builder's magazine: or, A universal dictionary for architects, carpenters, masons, bricklayers, &c. ... consisting of designs in architecture in every stile and taste ... together with the plans and sections ... / By a society of architects.
- A new edition.
- London: Printed for E. Newberry, the corner of St. Paul's church yard, in Ludgate Street; and sold by all other booksellers in Great Britain and Ireland, MDCC LXXXVIII .
- Physical Description:
- , 345, , 100 p., CLXXXV leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., plans ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA31 B8+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- First appeared as a monthly periodical (1774).
The plates designed and described by John Carter.
Plates engraved by Royce, G. Burder, Proud, J. Royce, and Wm. Watts; after I. Carter, and J. Carter.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Designs and plans.Architecture -- Dictionaries.Architecture -- Early works to 1800.Architecture -- Periodicals.Architecture, Domestic -- Designs and plans.Building -- Dictionaries.Building -- Periodicals.Etching -- Specimens -- 1788.Newberry, E. -- Publisher.Normanton, Earls of -- Bookplate.Westdean Library -- Bookplate.Woodcut -- Specimens -- 1788.Wright, -- Autograph, 1874.
YCBA Collections Search
The Builder's magazine: or, A universal dictionary for architects, carpenters, masons, bricklayers, &c. .., MDCC LXXXVIII 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.