The London stage, 1660-1800; a calendar of plays, entertainments & afterpieces, together with casts, box-receipts and contemporary comment. Compiled from the playbills, newspapers and theatrical diaries of the period.
- [1st ed.]
- Carbondale, Southern Illinois University Press, 1960-68 [v. 1, 1965]
- Physical Description:
- 5 v. in 11. illus., ports., facsims. 25 cm.
- Reference LibraryPN1582 G72 L65 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographies.
- Subject Terms:
- London (England) -- History.Performing arts -- England -- London -- History.
- pt. 1. 1660-1700, edited by W. Van Lennep, with a critical introd. by E. L. Avery and A. H. Scouten.--pt. 2. 1700-1729, edited with a critical introd. by E. L. Avery. 2 v.--pt. 3. 1729-1747, edited with a critical introd. by A. H. Scouten. 2 v.--pt. 4. 1747-1776, edited with a critical introd. by G. W. Stone. 3 v.--pt. 5. 1776-1800, edited with a critical introd. by C. B. Hogan, 3. v.