Dunkin, John, 1782-1846, Oxfordshire. The history and antiquities of the hundreds of Bullington and Ploughley ... , 1823
- Oxfordshire. The history and antiquities of the hundreds of Bullington and Ploughley ... / By John Dunkin ...
- London: Printed for Harding, Mavor, and Lepard, Finsbury Square, 1823.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., genealogical table, portrait ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 O9 D9+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 O9 D9+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 has 2 volumes bound in one with the bookplate of George P. Gunnis. Copy 2 is imperfect: v. 2. wanting.
BAC : Vol. I: , vii, , 319,  p. V. 2: , 261, .
Plates drawn and etched by J. & H. S. Storer, E. Williams and T. Williams.
Title in red and black.
"Of this Work, 100 Copies are printed, of which 70 only are for Sale."
"London: Printed by S. & R. Bentley, Dorset Street."
- Vol. I: Comprising the parishes and hamlets of Ambrosden, Arncott, Blackthorn, Beckley, Horton, Studley, Bucknell, Chesterton, Launton, and Islip.--V. II: Comprising the parishes and hamlets of Merton, Middleton Stoney, Noke, Oddington, Piddington and Muswell, Stratton Audley, Wendlebury, and Weston-on-the-Green.
- Subject Terms:
- Bentley, (S.) & R. -- Printer.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1823.Etching -- Specimens -- 1823.Gunnis, George P. -- Bookplate.Harding, Mavor, and Lepard -- Publisher.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1823.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.