Billings, Robert William, 1813-1874, Architectural illustrations and account of the Temple Church, London, 1838
Architectural illustrations and account of the Temple Church, London./ By Robert William Billings ...
- London: Published by Thomas and William Boone, 29, New Bond-Street, and Robert William Billings, Manor-House, Kentish Town, 1838.
- Physical Description:
- vi, , 55,  p., xxxi leaves of plates : ill. ; 44 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A N 95 Copy 1View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A N 95 Copy 2View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 is inlaid to size and includes Billings' original drawings. Copy 1 has the bookplate of Rupert Sackville Gwynne. Copy 2 is imperfect: the engraved t.-p., and plates I and XXV-XXXI are wanting.
Engraved t.-p., listed as plate I and bound as frontispiece, reads: "Illustrations of the Temple church."
- Subject Terms:
- Billings, Robert William -- Publisher.Boone (Thomas) and William -- Publisher.Etching -- Specimens -- 1838.Gwynne, Rupert Sackville, 1873-1924 -- Bookplate.Temple Church (London).
- Essay on the symbolic evidences of the Temple church. Were the Templars gnostic idolators as alleged?/ By Edward Clarkson, esq.--Historical account of the Temple church.--Descriptive account. Description of the illustrations.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.