A description of an antient picture in Windsor Castle ; representing the embarkation of King Henry VIII. at Dover, May 31, 1520; preparatory to his interview with the French king Francis I. / By John Topham ...
- London : Printed by J. Nichols, MDCCLXXXI .
- Physical Description:
- , 42 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., maps ; 26 cm. (4to)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA332 T6Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- British Art Center copy is imperfect?: one of 2 views of the ship Harry Grace de Dieu wanting?
Map by Basire.
"Read at the Society of Antiquaries, June, 21, 1781."--Cf. Book Cat. p. l.
"A Roll of King Edward the Third's Fleet before Calais,"--p. 35-37.
"Furniture of the Harry Grace de Dieu from the Original Ms."--p. 38-39.
"The Names of all the King's Majesty's Shippes, Galles, Pynnasses, and Rowbarges; with their Tonnage and number of Soldiers, Mariners and Gunners; as also the Places where they now be."--p. 40-42.
Signatures: [A]¹ B-F⁴ G¹
- Subject Terms:
- Brit Tracts -- 1781.Etching -- Specimens -- 1781.Great Britain. Royal Navy -- History.Henry VIII, King of England, 1491-1547.Nichols, J. -- Printer.
YCBA Collections Search
Topham, John, 1746-1803, A description of an antient picture in Windsor Castle ;, MDCCLXXXI 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.