A topographical and historical description of Staffordshire; : containing an account of its towns, castles, antiquities, churches, monuments, public edifices, picturesque scenery, the residences of the nobility, gentry, &c. Accompanied with biographical notices of eminent and learned men to whom this country has given birth. By the Rev. J. Nightingale. Illustrated with engravings.
- London: Printed for Sherwood, Neely, and Jones, Paternoster Row; 1810.
- Physical Description:
- -1201,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 S7 N5View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- A separate issue with new t.-p. of part of v. 13, pt. 2 of "The beauties of England and Wales."
Plates by Hay, J. Roffe, W. Angus, John Smith, Sands, White, J. Storer, Woolnoth, Shury and Barrenger; after Wm. Carter, F. Nash, H. Morse, J. Storer, and J. P. Neale.
- Subject Terms:
- Etching -- Specimens -- 1810Sherwood, Neely, and Jones -- Publisher RINStaffordshire (England) -- Description and travel.
YCBA Collections Search
Nightingale, Joseph, 1775-1824, A topographical and historical description of Staffordshire; , 1810
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.