The particular description of England. 1588. : With views of some of the chief towns and armorial bearings of nobles and bishops. / By William Smith ... Edited, from the original Ms. in the British Museum, with an introduction by Henry B. Wheatley ... and Edmund W. Ashbee ...
- London : Printed for subscribers only, MDCCCLXXIX .
- Physical Description:
- ix, , 72 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : col. coats of arms, col. maps, col. plans ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA610 S66+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- With: In preparation. For subscribers only. ... The particular description of England with the portratures of certaine of the cheiffest citties and townes 1588. / Edmund W. Ashbee. London : Edmund W. Ashbee, .
Added colored t.-p. with heraldic border.
"Hertford: Printed by Stephen Austin and Sons."
"250 copies. Printed for subscribers only."
"List of William Smith's works": p. xi-xv.
- Subject Terms:
- Ashbee, Edmund W. (Edmund William) -- Pres. insc. to W. Brenchley Rye, Esq., December 1879.Austin (Stephen) and Sons -- Printer.Brentford and Chiswick Public Libraries and Museums -- Bookplate.Chron. -- 1879.Great Britain -- Description and travel.Heraldry -- England.Rye, William Brenchley, 1818-1901 -- Pres. insc. from E. W. Ashbee, December 1879.
- Chromolithographs -- 1879.
YCBA Collections Search
Smith, William, 1550?-1618, The particular description of England. 1588. , MDCCCLXXIX 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.