A topographical and historical description of the county of Stafford; : containing an account of its towns, cathedral, castles, antiquities, churches, monuments, public edifices, picturesque scenery, the residences of the nobility, gentry, &c. Accompanied with biographical notices of eminent and learned men to whom this country has given birth. / By Rev. Mr. Nightingale. Illustrated with fourteen engravings and a map.
- London: Printed for Sherwood, Neely, and Jones, Paternoster Row; and George Cowie and Co. successors to Vernor, Hood, and Sharpe, 31, Poultry. Sold by all booksellers in the county, 1820.
- Physical Description:
- -1201,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 S7 N5 1820Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- A separate issue, with new t.-p., of a part of v. 13, pt 2 of "The beauties of England and Wales."
Date taken from added engraved t.-p.
Plates by Hay, J. Roffe, White, John Smith, Sands, Angus, Shury, J. Storer and Woolnoth; after Wm. Carter, F. Nasti, H. Moore, J. P. Neale, and J. Storer.
- Subject Terms:
- Cowie (George) and Co. -- PublisherNewman, Rev. -- ProvenanceShaw, Anthony -- Pres. insc. from J. H. Williamson, 1855Sherwood, Neely, and Jones -- PublisherStaffordshire (England) -- Description and travel.Williamson, J. H. -- Autograph, 1848Williamson, J. H. -- Pres. insc. to Anthony Shaw, 1855
YCBA Collections Search
Nightingale, Joseph, 1775-1824, A topographical and historical description of the county of Stafford; , 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.