Moncrieff, W. T. (William Thomas), 1794-1857, Excursion to Stratford upon Avon , 1824
- Excursion to Stratford upon Avon : with historical and descriptive notices of the town, church, Shakspeare's house, and other remarkable buildings : together with a compendious life of Shakspeare, being by far more complete than any other hitherto published : copious extracts from the Shakspearian album : account of the far-famed jubilee : catalogue of the Shakspeare relics : with the controversy on their authenticity : and an analysis of the proceedings on the proposed national monument to the memory of the immmortal bard : embellished with an elegant engraving of the interior of the church, &c. / by W.T. Moncrieff ; author of the Visitors' new guide to Leamington Spa, Excursions to Warwick, Kenilworth, &c. &c.
- Leamington : Printed for and published by Messrs. Elliston; and sold by Longman, Hurst and Co., London, 1824.
- Physical Description:
- , 60 pages,  leaf of plates : illustrations ; 18 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 W3 M6 Copy 1Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 W3 M6 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. WalterAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plate lithographed by J.D. Harding and printed by C. Hullmandel.
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Both copies bound with: Excursion to Warwick ... / W. T. Moncrieff. London: Printed for and published by Messrs. Elliston, 1824. Copy 2 lacks leaf of plates. Copy 2 bound in contemporary purple cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616.Stratford-upon-Avon (England) -- Description and travel.Stratford-upon-Avon (England) -- History.
- Lithographs -- 1824.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.