The history and description of Arundel Castle, Sussex : the seat of His Grace the Duke of Norfolk, with an abstract of the lives of the earls of Arundel, from the conquest to the present time : to which is annexed, topographical delineations of the Roman pavement at Bignor, Little Hampton and Bognor Rocks / by C. Wright ; author of Brighton Ambulator, &c.
- Additional Title(s):
Spine title: Description of Arundel Castle
- Second edition.
- London : Printed for the author; and sold by Sherwood, Neely and Jones, Paternoster-Row : Wilson, Corn-Hill : Ridgway Piccadilly : and by all bookselles at Arundel, Brighton, &c., 1818.
London : Plummer & Brewis, Printers, Love-lane, Eastcheap, 
- Physical Description:
- xi, , 168 pages,  leaves of folded plates : illustrations ; 19 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690. A79 W9 1818 Copy 1Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690. A79 W9 1818 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. WalterAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Etchings after James Lonsdale, J. Backler, and William Hamilton.
Holmes, M. Country house described, p. 24
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 bound in publisher's original gray paper covered boards.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 bound in publisher's original gray paper covered boards, with printed spine label. Autograph: R. Harding Stewart. 30 Aug. 1819. Arundel Castle.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- England -- Arundel.Arundel (England) -- Guidebooks.Arundel Castle (Arundel, England) -- History.Arundel, Earls of .Castles -- England -- Arundel.Country homes -- England -- Arundel.Great Britain -- Antiquities, Roman.Plummer & Brewis -- Printer.Sherwood, Neely, and Jones -- Publisher.Stewart, Harding R. -- Autograph, 30 Aug. 1819, Arundel Castle.Wright, Charles -- Publisher.
- Etchings -- 1818.
YCBA Collections Search
Wright, C. (Charles), active 1817-1820, The history and description of Arundel Castle, Sussex , 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.