Hydraulia; an historical and descriptive account of the water works of London, : and the contrivances for supplying other great cities, in different ages and countries. / By William Matthews ...
- London : Simpkin, Marshall, and Co., 1835.
- Physical Description:
- xx, 454,  p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., maps, plans, port. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTD264 L8 M3View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Frontispiece drawn on stone by Fussell.
Plates "printed by G. E. Madeley."
Text printed by William Henry Cox, 5, Great Queen Street, Lincoln's-Inn-Fields.
Advertisements:  p. at end.
The edition of 1841 had title: An historical and scientific description of the mode of supplying London with water.
- Subject Terms:
- Cox, William Henry -- Printer.Institute of Naval Architects (London) -- Bookplate.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1835.Madeley, G. E. -- Printer.Simpkin, Marshall and Co. -- Publisher.Waterworks.
YCBA Collections Search
Matthews, William, 1771-1836, Hydraulia; an historical and descriptive account of the water works of London, , 1835
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.