Illustrations of domestic architecture in England, : during the reign of Queen Elizabeth, as exemplified in the interior of the residence of John Danby Palmer, Esq. situated in the borough-town of Great Yarmouth, in the county of Norfolk, with notices of the house and its proprietors. / By Charles John Palmer ... The plates engraved by H. Shaw ...
- London : Printed for private distribution only, 1838.
- Physical Description:
- 25,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill., plans, port. ; 39 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA7333 G72 P3+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN 2014 Folio 461: Bookplate of Thomas Philip Earl de Grey.
Plates by W. Holl, Henry Shaw and C. J. Palmer; after Henry Shaw.
"C. Whittingham, Tooks Court, Chancery Lane."
Plate opposite t.-p. is a private plate in proof state.
Also issued with title: The history and illustrations of a house in the Elizabethan style of architecture.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Details.Architecture, Domestic -- England -- Norfolk -- Great Yarmouth.Architecture, Elizabethan.De Grey, Thomas Philip De Grey, Earl, 1781-1859 -- Bookplate.Decoration and ornament, Architectural.Etching -- Specimens -- 1838.Whittingham, C. -- Printer.Woodwork -- England.
- Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
YCBA Collections Search
Palmer, Charles John, 1805-1882, Illustrations of domestic architecture in England, , 1838
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.