Art and work. : As shown in the artistic industries employed in the use of marble, stone, and terra-cotta; metal, wood, and textile fabrics; as well as in the various details associated with decorative art:-- the whole exemplified by 85 lithographic drawings (each with some descriptive explanation, of antique, mediæval, Italian, renaissance, and oriental examples) including some illustrations from the best unpublished works of the "Brothers Adam;" together with other designs from more recent authorities. / By Owen W. Davis ...
- London : B. T. Batsford, 94, High Holborn, MDCCCLXXXV .
- Physical Description:
- 36 p., 85 leaves of plates : ill., plan ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK1115 D3+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates after the author, and F. Smith.
Plates "printed by Whiteman & Bass," litho. London.
"Ink Photo, Sprague & Co., London."
- Subject Terms:
- Batsford, B. T. -- Publisher.Davis, Owen W. (William) -- Pres. insc. to Mr. Paul Grafe, 1895.Decoration and ornament.Grafe, Paul -- Pres. insc. from the author, Febr., 1895.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1858.Sprague & Co. -- Printer.Whiteman & Bass -- Printer.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.