Clarke, Michael, 1952-, The tempting prospect , c1981
- The tempting prospect : a social history of English watercolours / Michael Clarek.
- London : British Museum Publications, c1981.
- Physical Description:
- 160 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.), ports. ; 26 cm.
- Reference LibraryND1928 C53 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes index.
Bibliography: p. -155.
- Subject Terms:
- Art and society -- England.England -- Social life and customs -- 18th century.England -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Watercolor painting -- 18th century -- England -- History.Watercolor painting -- 19th century -- England -- History.Watercolor painting, English -- History.Watercolorists -- England -- Biography.