The history and antiquities of the abbey church of St. Peter, Westminster : including notices and biographical memoirs of the abbots and deans of that foundation. / Illustrated by John Preston Neale. The whole of the literary department by Edward Wedlake Brayley ...
- London : Published by the proprietor, J. P. Neale, Bennett-Street, Blackfriars-Road; and sold also by Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown, Paternoster-Row, 1818-1823.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v.,  leaves of plates : ill., plans ; 39 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA687 W5 B8+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- SML ByzL 0415: Binder's title: Neale's History of Westminster abbey. Armorial bookplate of Charles Edward Harris St. John.
Plates by C. Armstrong, John LeKeux, R. Roffe, W. Radclyffe, J. Roffe, R. Sands, John Cleghorn, G. Cooke, H. Moses, J. Carter, Henry LeKeux, J. C. Varrall, J. Lewis, Miss E. Byrne, T. Matthews, W. Woolnoth, W. R. Smith, W. D. Taylor, J. Tingle, John Scott, and J. Byrne; after J. P. Neale, J. R. Thompson, and J. Stephanoff.
Some plates are proof copies.
"Cox & Barnett, Printers."
Plates published by "J. P. Neale, 16, Bennett St. Blackfriars Road, & Longman & Co. Paternoster Row."
"T. Davison, Lombard-Street, Whitefriars, London."
V. 2: "Printed for Hurst, Robinson and Co."
- Subject Terms:
- Cox & Barnett -- Printer.Davison, T. -- Printer.Hayward, -- Printer.Lees, George Herbert -- Bookplate.Longman & Co. -- Publisher.Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown -- Publisher.Neale, J. P. (John Preston), 1780-1847 -- Publisher.Robinson and Co. -- Publisher.St. John, Charles Edward Harris -- Bookplate, Armorial.Westminster Abbey.
- Etchings -- 1818-1823.
Wood engravings -- 1818-1823.
YCBA Collections Search
Brayley, E. W. (Edward Wedlake), 1773-1854, The history and antiquities of the abbey church of St. Peter, Westminster , 1818-1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.