Racinet, A. (Auguste), 1825-1893, Polychromatic ornament. , 1873
- Polychromatic ornament. : One hundred plates in gold, silver, and colours, comprising upwards of two thousand specimens of the various styles of ancient, oriental, and mediaeval art, and including the renaissance and the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries. The subjects selected and arranged, in historical order and in a form suitable for practical use, / by A. Racinet. With explanantory text, and a general introduction, translated from the original french.
- Alternate Title(s):
- L'ornament polychrome. French
- London : Henry Sotheran and Co. 136, Strand ..., 1873.
- Physical Description:
- , 58,  p., C leaves of plates : col. ill., plans ; 41 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A N 100Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- ART JK85 +869RG: 2 v. in 3.
Illustrations after Ch. Goutzwiller, P. Woeiriot, and Janssen.
Initials, head- and tail-pieces.
T.-p., printed in red and black.
"Chiswick Press:-C. Whittingham, Tooks Court, Chancery Lane."
All Plates lithographed in France.
- Subject Terms:
- Decoration and ornament.Sotheran (Henry) and Co. -- Publisher.Whittingham, C. -- Printer.
- Wood engravings -- 1877.
Chromolithographs -- 1877.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.