A treatise concerning the arte of limning / by Nicholas Hilliard. Together with A more compendious discourse concerning ye art of liming [sic] / by Edward Norgate ; [each] with a parallel modernized text edited by R.K.R. Thornton and T.G.S. Cain.
- Ashington, Northumberland : Mid Northumberland Arts Group, 1981.
- Physical Description:
- 139 p. : ill. (some col.), facsim. ; 22 cm.
- Reference LibraryND1337 G7 H55 1981 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Title on spine: The arte of limning.
Exact transcription of a 2-part manuscript from the Edinburgh University Library, with parallel modernized versions of the texts and introduction.
Bibliography: p. 137-139.
- Subject Terms:
- Hilliard, Nicholas, 1537 (ca.)-1619.Miniature painting -- Great Britain.Miniature painting, British.
YCBA Collections Search
Hilliard, Nicholas, 1537 (ca.)-1619, A treatise concerning the arte of limning , 1981