A treatise concerning the arte of limning / by Nicholas Hilliard. Together with A more compendious discourse concerning ye art of liming [sic] / by Edward Norgate ; [each] with a parallel modernized text edited by R.K.R. Thornton and T.G.S. Cain.
- Ashington, Northumberland : Mid Northumberland Arts Group, 1981.
- Physical Description:
- 139 p. : ill. (some col.), facsim. ; 22 cm.
- Reference LibraryND1337 G7 H55 1981 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Title on spine: The arte of limning.
Exact transcription of a 2-part manuscript from the Edinburgh University Library, with parallel modernized versions of the texts and introduction.
Bibliography: p. 137-139.
- Subject Terms:
- Hilliard, Nicholas, 1537 (ca.)-1619.Miniature painting -- Great Britain.Miniature painting, British.
YCBA Collections Search
Hilliard, Nicholas, 1537 (ca.)-1619, A treatise concerning the arte of limning , 1981